Move To Minto


Extra Coverage For Loss Or Damage To Your Vehicle E-mail

In addition to the basic policy coverages, you may also buy extra coverage for loss or damage to your vehicle, including:

Specified Perils Coverage: This coverage pays for losses caused by one of the following perils: fire; theft or attempted theft; lightning, windstorm, hail, or rising water; earthquake; explosion; riot or civil disturbance; falling or forced landing of an aircraft or parts of an aircraft; or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment, or collision of any kind of transport in, or upon which, an insured vehicle is being carried on land or water.

Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage pays for losses, other than those covered by Collision or Upset, including perils listed under Specified Perils, falling or flying objects, missiles, and vandalism.

Collision or Upset Coverage: This coverage pays for losses caused when an insured vehicle is involved in a collision with another object, including another vehicle, or rolls over. “Object” includes another vehicle or a trailer that is attached to the vehicle that is covered by your insurance policy, the surface of the ground, and any object in or on the ground.

All Perils Coverage: This combines Collision or Upset and Comprehensive coverages. In addition, it covers loss or damage caused if a person who lives in your home steals the vehicle that is covered by your insurance policy. All Perils also covers you if an employee who drives or uses, services, or repairs that vehicle steals it. For example, if you take your vehicle to a garage for repairs and an employee involved in the repair of your vehicle steals it, All Perils would cover you.

Note: A deductible applies to all of the above coverages.